2 pounds extra large shrimps
6 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
Clean the shrimp – remove the shells and veins
Rinse shrimp and pat dry (don’t skip this step)
Finely chop the thyme
Finely chop the garlic
Zest the lemon and juice the whole lemon
- In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook until fragrant, about one minute (do not brown the garlic)
- Add the shrimp, salt and pepper.
- Mix to coat the ship with the garlic/thyme
- Turn the heat to high and cook the shrimp for two minutes
- Add the lemon zest and juice – mix to coat the shrimp
- Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Remove the cooked shrimp to a serving bowl.
Serve with my Simple Pasta Shell recipe Simple Pasta Shells with Vegetables
Note from the Cook…
I find it easier to cook if all ingredients are prepared prior to cooking and this helps to prevent forgetting ingredients. I also love to cook with lots of garlic so if you don’t like as much you can use fewer. In this recipe I use thyme, you can substitute parsley or cilantro.