8 oz medium pasta shells
1 tablespoon salt to add to the pasta water
2 packed cups of baby spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
Optional Ingredients: extra chopped cilantro and fresh grated parmesan cheese to garnish
Cook the pasta.
- In a five quart dutch oven pot add enough water to 3/4 fill the pot.
- Add one tablespoon salt and bring to a boil
- Add the pasta shells and bring to a boil (cook according to package directions (al dente is best)
- When the pasta is near done reserve 1/2 cup of the water for later use
- Drain the pasta and set aside
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Rinse the spinach and drain in a colander
Rinse the tomatoes and cut in half
Thinly slice the garlic
Chop the cilantro
- In a 5 quart dutch oven or large pot, heat the oil over medium heat
- Sauté the garlic for about a minute until fragrant (do not brown the garlic)
- Add the cilantro and cook for about a minute
- Add the spinach and cook until it starts to wilt, about a minute and a half
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about a minute
- Add the salt and pepper
- Add the pasta and coat with the vegetables
- Taste – feel free to add a little more salt and pepper.
- Remove the pasta to a serving bowl
- Optional: If the pasta appears dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water and coat. You can sprinkle with chopped cilantro and fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Serve this dish with my Lemon, Garlic, Thyme Shrimp. Lemon, Garlic, Thyme Shrimp Or simply use as a vegetarian dish. So Simple. So Fresh.