If you are looking for a light and healthy smoothie, this is the one to try. The combination of fresh watermelon, frozen pineapple and strawberries and fresh spinach packs in a lot of nutrients while keeping the calories low. I know… smoothies are typically defined as a creamy drink that has some type of dairy as the base ingredient – like yogurt or milk. I have learned how to make nutritiously dense smoothies without the dairy. [My body can no longer tolerate dairy.] The right amounts of fruits and typically spinach or kale, including the use of peanut butter gives my dairy free smoothies the perfect amount of creaminess. If dairy is your thing, please feel free to adapt the recipe. Also I love the flavor of peanut butter, but you can use almond butter if that is your thing. I hope you will try this smoothie and enjoy it as much as I do. Happy Cooking!
Refreshing Watermelon Spinach Smoothie
A very refreshing watermelon spinach smoothie. Light in texture and nutritiously filling.
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks frozen or fresh
- 8 medium strawberries frozen organic
- 2 cups baby spinach organic
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 mint leaves (I used 8 very tiny mint leaves)
- smoothie spice mix (see notes)
- 3/4 cups Ice cubes (if using fresh pineapple and strawberries, add more ice – up to 1 1/2 cups)
Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend/purée until smooth. Pour into your favorite glasses and enjoy.
Smoothie Spice Mix Recipe:
1/8 teaspoon each –