This onion and herb gravy is super simple to make and absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect condiment for meats and poultry alike. Try serving it with this perfect Garlic Stuffed Boneless Ribeye Roast. Or it works with any of these poultry recipes.
Onion and Herb Gravy | Easy Recipe
An easy and super delicious gravy. An exciting condiment for meats and poultry.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced small
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (for thicker gravy add 1 to 2 teaspoons more flour)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Heat olive oil in a small pot, using medium heat.
Add onion. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 5 to 6 minutes until the onions are soft and the edges are lightly brown.
Add the oregano. Stir and cook 30 to 60 seconds.
Whisk in the flour. Turn up the heat to medium. Cook 1 minute.
Slowly pour in the chicken broth. Stir consistently.
Pour in the Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat to medium low and simmer. Stir occasionally. Gravy will thicken in about 15 minutes.
Turn off the stove and pour into a gravy boat. Serve with meats or poultry.
Optional: Stain for a smoother gravy, if preferred. Enjoy.
I really like the clumps of onions and oregano in the gravy so I don’t remove them. You can substitute thyme for the oregano.