The Branzino is one of the most flavorful white fish. It’s high in protein and rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The flesh is delicate yet it is difficult to overcook, in my opinion. Cooking these whole fish stuffed and on top of the vegetables helps to also keep the fish moist. This recipe is easy to pull together which makes it a perfect lunch or a delicious dinner. Gluten-free lovers and Keto-dieters will both enjoy this wholesome and healthy meal. I hope you will make this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these favorite fish recipes:
Don’t miss another delicious dish, signup to be the first to get newly published recipes…
Oven Roasted Branzini | Healthy One Pan Recipe
Whole branzini is super delicious fish and when paired with vegetables they are a perfect healthy lunch or dinner.
- 3 pounds whole Branzino fish cleaned, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet). https://amzn.to/31PfnBF
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 2 – 3 medium carrots cleaned and sliced diagonally 1/2 inch thickness
- 8 -10 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 small idaho or russet potatoes peeled and diced 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced (reserving some for stuffing the fish)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed. https://amzn.to/3wt0enM
- 1/2 lemon cut into 6 slices (cut into 3 slices and then halved each slice)
- 2 – 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (can sub white wine). https://amzn.to/3wxYolG
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil https://amzn.to/3mmeN7S
- 1 1/2 lemons juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic crushed or finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped/minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher. Adjust for your diet
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper https://amzn.to/3fM7SUc
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (can sub hot Hungarian or smoked paprika) https://amzn.to/39JWAvS
Let's Make The Marinade:
Add all the marinade ingredients into a measuring cup or bowl. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
Let's Season the Branzini:
Optional: Cut 2 to 3 scores on one side of each fish.
Use the 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to season the Branzini all over including inside the cavity.
Preheat Oven 425F Degrees: Use the roast setting if your oven has this feature.
Let's Season the Vegetables:
Add the carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, garlic, most of the onions (reserving a handful to stuff the fish) to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Add half the capers. Use 2 to 3 teaspoons of the marinade to season the veggies. Mix the veggies to coat with the marinade.
Place the seasoned Branzini on top of the vegetables.
Stuff each Branzino cavity with a few pieces of the onion slices, 2 pieces of the sliced lemons, some capers and a sprig of rosemary.
Pour the marinade all over the branzini, pat gently. If you scored the fish, make sure to face the scored sides facing the top.
Pour the chicken broth on top of the vegetables. Allow the fish to marinade for 15 minutes.
Note: Don't pour the broth on the fish.
15 Minutes Later, Let's Roast.
Place the sheet pan in the over. Roast the fish for 25 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and the fish remains moist and flaky.
Note: I usually like to check for doneness 25 minutes into the cooking. The size of the fish plus the stuffing determine cook time.
Remove the pan from the oven. Serve hot and enjoy!
Tutorial Video Available: Oven Roasted Branzini | Healthy One Pan Recipe
Nutritional Information will vary depending on serving size.
Don’t like whole Branzino, you can sub Branzino filet.