This is an amazing spicy sauce that is versatile enough to use with any type of meat. I have several variations of this recipe – they are all very good. This particular recipe is just perfect, so much so, that my husband who is not a “saucy” person, practically used half of the bowl of sauce and my son also went for seconds. We used this sauce with the Taco Spiced Baked Chicken. It’s a match made in Heaven. Enjoy.
Cilantro Hot Sauce
A very simple and amazing spicy cilantro hot sauce.
Prep Time 6 minutes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 2 cups) roughly chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 3 whole jalapeño peppers stem removed and roughly chopped
- 2 small to medium poblanos peppers seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend or puree until desired sauce texture.
For a less spicy sauce – remove the seeds.
Please follow and like us:
2 Comments Add yours