This incredibly easy and simply delicious salmon recipe is one of my newest creations. I am absolutely in love with it and so is hubby. We eat salmon regularly in my household so I am always searching for and creating new recipes. I developed this version of salmon steaks in honor of date night. The tahini based marinade complemented the chickpeas extremely well and it allowed the salmon to have the perfect Mediterranean touch. This is such a fashionable dish that it is suited for date night, a special evening with friends or it makes any weeknight dinner extravagant. It is very simple and easy to pull together in under 35 minutes. I hope that you will enjoy this meal as much as we did. Happy Cooking!
Tahini Roasted Salmon Steaks
An easy, delicately flavorful meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon steaks 2 steaks
- 1 can chickpeas 13 to 15 ounces – rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 4 vine ripen tomatoes or plum tomatoes – quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano use leaves only – roughly chop
- 1 shallot peeled and diced
- 1 lemon juice 1/2 and cut 1/2 into 2 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to your taste buds.)
Preheat oven 375 degrees.
Note: Use the convection/roast setting if your oven has this feature.
In a small bowl, combine tahini paste, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, shallots, cumin, fennel, paprika, black pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly.
In a medium bowl, add the quartered tomatoes, chickpeas and lemon slices. Season with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the marinade.
Season the salmon with the remaining marinade.
Place two 1 1/2 quart oven proof baking dishes on a half sheetpan. Add 1 piece of salmon to each dish and pour/sprinkle any remaining marinade onto the fish.
Divide the tomatoes/chickpeas into two. Add it to each dish – sourrounding the fish with tomatoes in a single layer.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The fish will be moist and tender and flakes easily.
Serve in the baking dishes or gently transfer to a plate.
Enjoy! Happy Cooking.