This is a quick, easy and juicy oven baked chicken breasts recipe. It’s packed with flavors and super tender. These breasts are now one of my family’s favorite; and they are very easy to pull together, which makes them a great entree for weeknight dinners. The leftovers make for a great addition to a lunch salad for day two. This recipe is very rich, but you can adapt it to your taste bud. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Buttery Lemon Chicken Breasts
A quick and easy juicy oven baked chicken breast recipe. It’s perfect for any weeknight or weekend dinner.
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 cup panko seasoned bread crumbs (Japanese or Italian Style)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated (or Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 3 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts (6 half size breasts)
- 1 lemon Juice half and slice half into 6 slices (remove seeds from the sliced pieces)
- 1 shallot peeled and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro about 1/2 cup chopped
- 6 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt adjust to your needs
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Optional: Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle over breadcrumbs mixture
Preheat oven 375 degrees.
Flatten the chicken breasts to even out the thickness (about 1/2 inches thick)
Place chicken in an ovenproof baking dish or pan.
Note: I use a regular 6 quart large saute pan.
Mix together the salt, black pepper and paprika in a pinch bowl or small plate.
Season the chicken breasts thoroughly all over.
In a medium size frying pan, over medium heat, add the butter and shallots. Saute 3 to 5 minutes until transluent.
Note: It is not necessary to fully melt the butter before adding the shallots.
Add the garlic. Cook up to 1 minute.
Add the cilantro and lemon juice. Cook 30 seconds to 1 minute. Turn off the stove.
In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter sauce. Mix to coat the crumb mixture.
Pour the remaining butter mixture all over the chicken breasts.
Place the lemon slices around the chicken breasts.
Sprinkle the top of the breasts with the breadcrumb mixture. Optional, drizzle with extra virgin olive if desired.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until breasts reaches 165 to 175 degrees internal temperature. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro or parsley.
Plate and serve. Enjoy.