This chicken meatballs recipe vastly became one of our favorites. It’s packed with so much delicious Mediterranean flavors that was inspired by our love for Chicken gyros. Preparation and cook time is quick and easy. Some fresh herbs and spices like cumin and hot Hungarian paprika gives these healthy meatballs such a mouthwatering flavor. We eat this with a very simple salad and whole wheat pita bread. We hope you will make these low fat, low cards meatballs and enjoy them as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Chicken Meatballs | Greek Inspired
Flavor packed and healthy Greek Inspired Chicken Meatballs is great for lunch or dinner; serve with whole wheat pita bread or on a healthy bed of salad. Great for a light lunch or dinner.
- 2 pounds chicken ground meat
- 1 medium onion grated (Grate on fine side of box grater. Grate onto a paper towel to soak up some of the liquid).
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin (https://amzn.to/3tpLlQR)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh garlic crushed or finely minced.
- 2 teaspoons hot hungarian paprika (can sub sweet or smoked paprika) (https://amzn.to/2Nm0jrE)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher. (Adjust for your diet) (https://amzn.to/3qTclGP)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for greasing parchment paper lined sheet pan or non stick spray
Let's Season the Chicken Ground Meat
Add the ground meat to a mixing bowl.
Add in grated onions, herbs, garlic and spices.
Note: I grated the onions on a paper towel so that it can soak up some of the liquid released while grating. You can opt to finely chop the onions if you don't mind the little bits in the meatballs.
Mix the meat and seasoning until thoroughly combined.
Preheat oven 450F degrees
Let's Shape the Meatballs:
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with olive oil or non stick spray.
Shape the meatballs about 2 inches in diameter/approximately 2 Tablespoons each). Place the meatballs on the lined sheet pan leaving 1” to 2” inch space between each.
Bake the meatballs 12 to 13 minutes. Remove from oven. Use a kitchen tong to flip the meatballs. Return to the oven and bake another. 12 to 13 minutes.
Remove from the oven and transfer to a platter.
Serve with your favorite sides. I like to serve these meatballs over a bed of salad or in a pita bread. Enjoy.
Tutorial Video Available: Chicken Meatballs | Greek Inspired
Nutritional information will vary depending on serving sizes as well as any side dishes you add to make this a meal.