This is a healthy and nutritious salad that is so easy to pull together, which makes it perfect for a quick lunch. Add shrimps, chicken or any other protein you appreciate to make it a great dinner. Just what the doctor ordered; green leafy baby organic kale works perfectly in this salad. It has a hearty texture with a slight sweet taste and it is packed with calcium, and fiber. Sweet red bell pepper adds more nutrients and color. The sweetness of the mango coupled with the tanginess of the red wine vinaigrette goes so perfectly. This salad, by itself, will fill you up. But why stop at just the salad when you can try paring it with these Chicken Meatballs and also Whole Wheat Pita Bread I hope you will make this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Please do subscribe for more healthy, wholesome and delicious recipes. Happy Cooking!
You may also like these recipes:
Want more wholesome and healthy recipes? Sign up for exclusive email updates. Follow Us on Social Media: YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram,Twitter, Facebook, ,Linkedin
Kale Vegetable and Mango Salad | with Red Wine Vinaigrette
A healthy and nutritious kale vegetables and mango salad that's a perfect lunch treat.
For the Red Wine Vinaigrette (Makes 16 Tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic crushed or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper https://amzn.to/39fRjw0
- 1 teaspoon honey (can use up to 2 teaspoons honey) I use raw honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard https://amzn.to/2Qu7E9J
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar https://amzn.to/3ddj8GC
- 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil https://amzn.to/3rsnaQ9
For the Salad:
- 2 cups kale I use baby organic kale
- 3/4 cups cherry tomatoes or grape and cut them in half or leave whole
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and sliced
- red onion thinly sliced. Use as much or as little as you like
- 1/2 English cucumber diced
- 2 slices Ataulfo mango diced (or use your prefered type of mango)
- 2 ounces blue cheese use a good quality cheese and you can use up to 4 ounces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette (recipe included)
Let's Make the Red Wine Vinaigrette:
In a measuring cup or bowl, add all the marinade ingredients. Whisk briskly until the vinaigrette is emulsified (creamy). Set aside while you assemble the salad.
Note: The vinaigrette makes approximately 16 tablespoons. We use 1 to 2 tablespoons per person. The vinaigrette keeps for up to a week in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before using.
Let's Assemble the Salad:
Prepare two salad serving bowls. Divide the salad ingredients into two. You can add the ingredients into the salad bowls in any order you prefer. I like to add kale as the base and then follow with the remaining ingredients. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of the red wine vinaigrette over each salad right before eating. Feel free to add your choice of protein beyond the cheese. Enjoy.
Note: You can add as much veggies as you like.
Tutorial Video Available: Kale Vegetable Mango Salad | with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Nutritional information will vary depending on serving size and any additional protein you add.
I like to serve this salad with Chicken Meatballs and Whole Wheat Pita Bread