Make your own homemade salad dressing for a fresh, clean and healthy taste. This particular dressing was developed with the purpose of marinating chicken; it has so much great flavors. I also used it in the salad that I served with the pan fried chicken breasts and it worked beautifully. This batch of vinaigrette makes about 16 tablespoons. Since I had leftover I decided to use it to marinade salmon steaks and it was perfect. This multipurpose vinaigrette and marinade works best with the fresh herbs and fresh lemon juice, but, if you must you can substitute dried herbs – use a quarter of the dried herbs to the fresh. I love that this recipe stays fresh at room temperature for 24 hours or place in the fridge for up to one week – bring to room temperature before using on salad. I hope you enjoy as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these recipes using the vinaigrette/marinade:
Lemon Herbed Vinaigrette | Marinade
This mulitpurpose vinaigrette is perfect as a salad dressing or it's equally brilliant when used to marinade chicken or fish.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Dump all ingredients into a measuring cup or bowl. Whisk until emulsified (creamy looking). Enjoy one to two tablespoons on your favorite salad. Use some of the dressing as a marinade for fish and chicken.
Video Tutorial Available: Lemon Herbed Vinaigrette | Marinade
Try these recipes using this marinade: