This amazingly delicious chicken wings fried rice recipe is one of the best. It’s easy to pull together and the chicken wings and rice can be made a day in advance. I really love to use basmati rice in the recipe as the texture comes out perfectly al dente and the flavor is nutty. I use our Sesame Soy Sauce Chicken Wings recipe which results in a beautiful depth of flavor. The chicken wings meat are stripped off the bones and the skin removed for a healthier less fatty dish. The use of fresh string beans (haricots vert) and carrots gives it a fresher taste with al dente texture. The pure sesame oil adds great flavor and I use an aged soy sauce to round out the dish. It is absolutely mouthwatering. I hope you will make it and enjoy as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these favorite recipes:
Fried Rice with Boneless Skinless Chicken Wings
An easy super delicious chicken fried rice that's made with boneless skinless chicken wings making it a bit healthier.
- 4 pounds chicken wingettes recipe (cook according to recipe link in notes)
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice (cooked according to package direction) or 3 cups cooked basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil https://amzn.to/3n1pywK
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil https://amzn.to/3dA8DhC
- 1 small red onion peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 8 ounces string beans cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I use Haricots Vert)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic crushed or minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves chopped finely if needed
- 3 scallions chopped and seperate white parts from green parts.
- pinch of salt and black pepper to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce https://amzn.to/3sAjtJ1
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Cook the chicken wings according to the recipe that follows in link below.
When the wings are cool enough to handle remove the skin and bones. (see video tutorial)
Note: Discard skins and save bones to make broth if desired.
Cook the Basmati rice according to the package direction (or can use 3 cups left over rice)
Let's cook the fried rice:
In a non-stick everyday pan or wok, heat the sesame and olive oil using medium heat.
Add the onions, carrots and string beens. Add the ginger, garlic and white parts of scallions. Season with a pinch of sea salt (or kosher) and freshly ground black pepper.
Note: I used 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper.
Give it a quick mix. Turn up the heat to medium-high and cook 2 minutes until the veggies starts to brighten in color.
Note: Stir a couple of times during the 2 minutes.
Add in the cumin and 2 teaspoons soy sauce. Stir and cook 2 more minutes.
Note: the veggies will be bright in color and still al dente.
Add in the cooked rice and the remaining soy sauce. Add in 1/2 of the green scallions parts (use remaining scallions for garnish). Add in the cilantro. Mix. Breaking up any lumps of rice.
Add in the boneless skinless chicken wings. Mix to combine.
Turn off the stove and serve hot. Enjoy!
Tutorial Video Available : Fried Rice with Boneless Skinless Chicken Wings
Recipe for Sesame Soy Sauce Chicken Wings.
Nutritional information will vary depending on serving size.
You may use the bone-in skin-on wings if you don’t mind the extra fat.