This jerk marinade is really easy to make and works magic on chicken, meats and seafood. What’s more it is great for making jerk gravy, jerk bbq sauce and I’ve also used it to make Balsamic Jerk Vinaigrette. The original recipe was developed for our Baked Jerk Chicken with Jerk Gravy Recipe. I hope you will try it and enjoy as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these favorite recipes:
Jerk Marinade | Seasoning Sauce
An easy and delicious jerk flavored marinade that is great for seasoning meats, chicken, seafood.
- 6 scallions roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 20 cloves fresh garlic roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch thyme use leaves only (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped (about 1" piece)
- 3 harbanero or scotch bonnet peppers with seeds (remove seeds for milder taste or use 1 pepper)
- 1 lime juiced (about 1 tablespooon)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (can replace with extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar light or dark
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 whole 5 star anise
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- OPTIONAL: 4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher
Dump all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Blend/purée 15 to 20 seconds.
Pour into a bowl or storage jar. Cover. Use it to marinade your favorite meats, seafood and use it to make jerk gravy. Will store in the Refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Video Tutorial Recipe Available: Jerk Marinade | Seasoning Sauce
Nutritional information varies based on actual use.