This easy spicy salmon inspired by Jamaican jerk seasoning has become one of our favorites. It’s healthy, easy to make and works perfectly for lunch or dinner. This recipe can also be grilled. For the jerk marinade I used my original Jerk Marinade that was developed for my Baked Jerk Chicken. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these popular recipes:
Broiled Jerk Wild Salmon
An easy spicy salmon inspired by Jamaican jerk seasoning. It's quick and healthy which makes it perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon cut into 2" to 3" pieces (I used wild pasific salmon or use any buttery texture salmon)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 1/2 cup jerk marinade (recipe follows)
JERK MARINADE| SEASONING SAUCE:
- 6 scallions roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 20 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 3 hot pepper like habanero or scotch bonnet
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or white
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar light or dark
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- OPTIONAL: 4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher
MAKE THE MARINADE:
Dump all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend or pulse 15 to 20 seconds. Pour into a bowl or storage jar.
Note: You will only be using 1/2 cup of this marinade for the fish. The remaining marinade can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to one month.
FOR THE SALMON:
Preheat the oven broiler if needed.
Season the salmon with 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher.
Pour in 1/2 cup of the jerk marinade.
Mix to coat the salmon pieces. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
Prepare an oven proof grill pan – spray with canola oil.
Add the salmon pieces, skin side down, on the broiler pan.
Broil the salmon under the broiler, 6" to 8" from the heat source. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness.
Remove the pan, plate and serve the salmon with your favorite side dish or on a bed of salad.
Tutorial Video Available: Broiled Jerk Wild Salmon
Nutritional information will vary depending on actual portion sizes.
Get the Marinade via this link: Jerk Marinade | Seasoning Sauce