Kick up your chicken dinner with this easy and magnificently flavored roasted tenderloins. Cooked to juicy and tender perfection. The palate sensory is pleasantly surprised with a gentle spicy herb flavor and cinnamon, honey figs smooth out the taste. This one pan dish makes for a great lunch or dinner. I hope you will make this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these favorite recipes
Roasted Chicken Tenderloins with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Figs
An easy one pan chicken dinner recipe that's perfect for your lunch or dinner.
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
FOR THE FIGS:
- 8 ripe figs Stemmed and halved I used Mission (Brown Turkey Figs are also good)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (I used organic raaw honey)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher. Adjust for your diet.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE VEGGIES:
- 12 ounces mushrooms I used baby bella. Clean and sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick.
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
PREHEAT OVEN 425F DEGREES. USE OF ROAST SETTING PREFERRED.
LINE 2 SHEETPANS WITH PARCHMENT PAPER.
LET'S SEASON THE FIGS:
In a bowl, add the olive oil, honey and cinnamon. Mix.
Add the figs to the bowl. Mix to coat the figs halves with the cinnamon honey mixture. Set aside.
LET'S MAKE THE MARINADE:
In a small bowl, add all the marinade ingredients. Use a spoon to mix thoroughly.
LET'S SEASON THE VEGGIES AND CHICKEN TENDERLOINS:
In a medium mixing bowl, add the sliced mushrooms and tomatoes. Season with half of the marinade. Mix to coat thoroughly.
In another mixing bowl, add the chicken tenderloins. Season with the remaining marinade. Mix to coat thoroughly.
LET'S ASSEMBLE AND ROAST:
Divide the chicken and veggies into two portions.
Layer each sheetpan with a portion of the chicken, in a single layer, and spread a portion of the veggies onto each sheet pan.
Scatter 8 pieces of the figs around the pan, cut side up.
Note: Give the figs a quick mix before adding to sheetpan.
Place the pans in the oven and roast for a total of 25 minutes, fliping the tenderloins half way of the cook time and shuffle around the veggies.
Note: I usually flip tenderloins at the 15 minutes mark.
Remove the roasted chciken and veggies. Transfer to a serving platter if desired. Serve and enjoy.
Tutorial Video Available: Roasted Chicken Tenderloins with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Figs
Nutritional Information will vary depending on actual serving size.