This chicken recipe checks all the boxes; easy, flavorful, tender and melt in your mouth. It’s a healthy one pot dish that comes out perfectly in the Instant Pot. Simple spices like, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and paprika works as the perfect flavor for the chicken breasts.
To give the breasts a little bit of color, I cook it first in olive oil, right in the instant pot using the saute setting. Onions, garlic and herbs are then sautéed in the olive oil drippings. I give this dish an extra kick of flavor with some Grey Poupon [Mustard], capers, white wine and chicken broth.
To make it a one pot recipe, potatoes and tomatoes were added. The veggies come out soft and adds a beautiful depth of flavor to the broth. Wow! What else can I say… the leftovers are even tastier. I hope you will make this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these Popular Healthier Recipes:
Want more wholesome and healthy recipes? Sign up for exclusive email updates. Follow Us on Social Media: YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram,Twitter, Facebook, ,LinkedIn
Instant Pot | Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
The most tender, melt in your mouth and super flavorful chicken breasts recipe. It's healthy and easy to make so set the table for lunch or dinner.
For the Chicken Breasts:
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless organic chicken
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika or smoked paprika
For the Vegetables:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (https://amzn.to/3xCUHLF)
- 1/2 medium red onion peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic pressed or finely chopped
- 3 teaspoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh tarragon finely chopped
- 3 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grey poupon mustard
- 5 small russet potatoes peeled and quartered (can use medium potatoes and you can also leave the skin on)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used a drinkable Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
Let's Season the Chicken Breasts:
Add the chicken breasts to a bowl or plate. Season all over with the salt black pepper and paprika.
Let's Cook the Chicken:
Add the 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to the instant pot stainless steel insert. Turn on the saute mode and allow the oil to heat up.
Note: This takes about 2 minutes.
Add the chicken breasts to the hot oil. Cook the first side 3 minutes. Use a kitchen tongs to filp the breast over. Cook 3 more minutes. Remove the breasts to a bowl or plate.
Note: The breasts will develop a nice light brown color and it will release liquid. This is okay.
Let's bring it alltogether:
Add the onions, garlic and herbs to the instant pot. Cook 5 minutes until the onions soften and it becomes fragrant. Stir a couple of times during the cooking.
Note: Keep the setting in the saute mode.
Add in the mustard. Stir.
Add in the potatoes. Season with the salt and black pepper. Mix/Stir.
Pour in the white wine and chicken broth. Stir. Bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the capers and tomatoes. Stir.
Add back the chicken and any juices it released. Try submerging the breasts into the liquid as best as possible.
Turn off the saute setting. Cover the pot with the pressure lid, making sure it is locked tightly.
Turn on the Poultry Setting. The pot will take 10 to 12 minutes to pressurize. Once it is pressurized, the poultry setting timer will come on for 15 minutes. The pot will beep once done.
Allow the the chicken to rest in the pot with the lid on. Let it rest for 10 minutes WITHOUT pressing the steam release valve.
10 minutes later, press the steam release valve. Once the steam is released, carefully open the lid. Transfer the chicken, veggies and sauce into a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Note: We eat this delicious meal with additional vegetables, like grilled corn and asparagus.
Tutorial Video Available: Instant Pot | Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional information will vary depending on the actual serving size.
I used a 6 Quart Instant Pot – Click this link to see Instant Pot