This easy chicken tenders and shrimps is a Spicy Jerk-ish One Pan dish. The spicy marinade incorporates fresh herbs, spices, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. The marinade incorporates fresh kiwi. It adds a slight tartness while tenderizing the chicken and shrimps. Because kiwi contains enzymes the protein should not be marinated for long periods. Season with the marinade for no more that fifteen to thirty minutes. When making this dish, the chicken and shrimps are marinated in separate bowls. Keeping them separately allows for each protein to be added at different times during the cooking process.
This easy chicken tenders and shrimps uses a foolproof way to cook both the chicken and shrimps without overcooking either. First, the chicken is sautéed in ghee. Once it is almost cooked through, the shrimps is added into the same pan. When the proteins are fully cooked through they are innerremoved. Additionally the dish incorporates the use of fresh bell peppers, tomatoes and red onions to create a saucy vegetable mixture. The vegetables are sautéed in the same pan allowing them to take advantage of the beautiful fond left behind from the chicken and shrimps. This is spooned over the cooked chicken and shrimps.
Further, the choice of cooking vessel is important! Use a large enough pan to allow for ample room to spread out the chicken. I use a 6-quart All Clad Saute pan. Moreover, cooking the easy chicken and shrimps spicy jerk-ish one pan recipe is a very quick process. Happy Cooking!
You may also love these recipes:
Easy Chicken Tenders and Shrimps | Spicy Jerkish One Pan Recipe
This easy one pan chicken tenders and shrimps dish is the ultimate one pan recipe. The jerk-ish flavor has the perfect spicy kick. Add in some veggies like bell peppers for added texture and flavor.
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenders cut each tender into 3 chunks
- 1 pounds small to medium shrimps cleaned and deveined.
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee (can substitute avocado oil)
Marinade for Chicken and shrimps:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated.
- 1 kiwi peeled and smashed (smash it in bowl to capture the juices as well)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust for your diet)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or enough to make a wet-ish paste)
For the Vegetables:
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves roughly chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into strips – about 1/4 inch wide
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and cut into strips – about 1/4 inch wide
- 5-6 campari tomatoes sliced (can use grape or cherry tomatoes halved)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Make the marinade/paste:
In a medium bowl, add the cilantro, garlic, ginger, and smash the peeled kiwi right into the bowl with its juices. Add in the remaining marinade ingredients . Use a spoon or spatula to mix thoroughly.
Add the cut up chicken tenders into a bowl. Use 2 to 3 tablespoons of the marinade to season the chicken thoroughly. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
Add the shrimps to the remaining marinade. (about 1 – 2 tablespoons). Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
Let's cook the chicken and shrimps:
In a large sauté pan/skillet heat the ghee using medium heat.
Add the chicken tenders spreading them into a single layer. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes more.
Add the shrimps right into the pan with the chicken. Mix and cook 2-3 minutes.
Turn off the stove. Remove the chicken and shrimps into a serving platter.
Add the onions into the same pan. Turn on the stove to medium heat. Saute 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the thyme, oregano and garlic. Mix. Cook 30 seconds.
Add the bell peppers. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook about 2 minutes.
Add in the tomatoes. Mix. Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Add in the wine. Mix, scraping up the brown bits (i.e. deglaze pan). Cook 1 -2 minutes.
Add in the white wine vinegar. Stir and cook 1 minute.
Turn off the stove and spoon the veggies with the sauce over the chicken and shrimps. Serve and enjoy.