This Citrusy Kale Smoothie is delightfully refreshing and healthy. It sports vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in abundance. The center of attraction are the freshly squeezed grapefruit and organic baby kale. One serving of grapefruit generates over sixty percent of the daily recommended value of vitamin C and 28% vitamin A. Kale adds even more vitamin C and A. It also adds almost three grams of protein and some calcium. Avocado and peanut butter adds a combination of healthy fats and protein. I love adding peanut butter to smoothies for the protein and healthy fat and the flavor adds a lot of smoothness – it brightens the taste of the Kale or any green leafy vegetables.
Your comments and feedback are welcome. Use the Reply section at the end of the blog post. Your feedback fuels my energy to create more delicious and easy to follow recipes that anyone can make. Want more recipes like this as well as other wholesome, healthy and mostly organic dishes, sign up for exclusive email updates. Follow Us on Social Media: Pinterest, Instagram,Twitter,Facebook
Citrusy Kale Smoothie
A refreshing and healthy smoothie.
- 2 cups kale organic baby
- 1 kiwi peeled and quartered
- 1/4 haas avocado
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter organic
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract organic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses, serve and enjoy!
Note: When working with vegetables, I usually blend for 30 seconds and then switch to purée for another 30 seconds.
- This recipe used a whole ruby red grapefruit juiced – you can substitute the regular pink grapefruit. It yields anywhere from 1/2 cups to 3/4 cups of freshly squeezed juice. Both 1/2 and 3/4 cup works in the recipe without the need to add more of the other ingredients.