Change up your side dish options with the deliciously flavored roasted butternut squash. It’s easy to make and the combination of sage and maple syrup takes the taste to another level. It is also a vegetarian and vegan friendly dish. While it’s excellent as a side dish, I sometimes make the recipe and use it to make butternut squash soup.
I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these recipes:
Maple Syrup Roasted Butternut Squash
The recipe is an easy side dish that is vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- 1 large butternut squash Peeled, seeds removed and diced into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks. (see video tutorial of how to peel and cut)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (about 12 to 15 leaves) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or melted butter)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (adjust for your dietary requirement)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven 400 degrees.
Place the butternut squash chunks on a sheetpan lined with silicone liner or parchment paper.
Sprinkle the sage, salt and black pepper over the butternut squash.
Drizzle the maple syrup and olive oil over the squash.
Use your hands or a spoon to thoroughly coat the squash.
Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the squash is fork tender and the edges are lightly brown.
Transfer to a serving dish. Serve with your favorite main dish.