This is a great twist on Quinoa compared to the popular salad types of recipes. It’s super rich because of the coconut milk and amazingly delicious. This recipe can be eaten as a one-dish vegetarian or vegan meal or simply serve it as a side dish. Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
Try these popular recipes:
Rich Creamy Quinoa
Quick, easy and delicious Quinoa Recipe
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro roughly chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried cilantro)
- 2 cups baby organic spinach roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to your dietary requirement)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 can coconut milk (13 to 15 ounces)
- 1 can black eye peas rinsed thoroughly (13 to 15 ounces)
Heat olive oil. Medium Heat.
Add shallots. Sauté 2 to 3 Minutes.
Add cliantro and garlic. Saute up to 1 minute.
Combine salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add spinach. Cook until wilted. Add a pinch of salt and pepper mix.
Add Quinoa. Stir. Cook up to 2 minutes.
Add black eye peas. Stir.
Add coconut milk and remaining salt and pepper mix.
Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes until liquid is adsorbed.
Quinoa will look creamy. Stir gently. Cover and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Serve as a vegetarian/vegan main dish or as a side dish. Enjoy.
Cilantro – if using dried use 1/4 teaspoon.
Black eye peas – can use any type of beans you prefer.
Quinoa- can use brown rice (add 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water). And cook according to timing on package for Brown rice.