An easy and healthy warm salad. Peppers, corn, tomatoes and onions are sautéed with a great selection of seasonings and cilantro making it a truly flavorful salad. Cooking the vegetables in cumin and red wine vinegar really took this salad to new heights. Cook time is very quick and this allows the veggies to have a nice crunch. I usually serve this salad as a side dish and it goes perfectly with Shoulder Lamb Chops | Herb Marinated recipe. I hope you will enjoy this salad and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Warm Vegetable Salad | Peppers. Corn. Tomatoes.
An easy and healthy warm salad. Peppers, corn, tomatoes and onions are sauteed with a great selection of seasonings and cilantro making it a truly flavorful salad.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 to 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut each tomato in half
In a large saute pan, heat 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil using medium heat.
Add the onions, peppers, garlic and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the freshly ground black pepper. Turn up the heat to medium-high or high. Mix and cook 2 minutes, stir/mix at least once or twice.
Add in the cumin. Mix and cook 30 to 60 seconds.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cilantro.
Add in the frozen corn. Pour in the red wine vinegar. Stir and cook 3 minutes. Stir a couple of times during the cooking.
Add in the tomatoes. Season with the remaining salt, black pepper and add in the remaining cilantro. Stir and cook 1 minute.
Turn off the stove. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy with your favorite entree or eat alone for a light lunch.
Video tutorial: Warm Vegetable Salad | Easy and Healthy Recipe
This salad pairs well with Shoulder Lamb Chops | Herb Marinated
Nutrition facts are based on generous serving sizes and will vary depending on serving size.
Instead of grape tomatoes you can use cherry tomatoes.
Instead of frozen corn you can use fresh corn kernels.