This summer salad is such a delightful and refreshing dish. It works perfectly for an appetizer or equally well for lunch. It’s loaded with nutritional benefits and vitamins. The citrus herb dressing/vinaigrette pairs beautifully with the watermelon and arugula. This is a very flexible salad so feel free to add some toasted nuts or grilled chicken. We usually enjoy this nutritious dish as an appetizer. However you serve it I hope you enjoy as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
You may also be interested in trying these healthy recipes:
Watermelon Arugula Mozzarella Wild Tomatoes Salad with Citrus Herb Vinaigrette
A healthy, refreshing and delicious salad thats perfect as an appetizer or lunch dish.
For the Salad Dressing / Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons red onions diced finely (can sub shallots)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh Tarragon finely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher (adjust for your diet)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grey poupon
- 2 teaspoons raw organic honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice or grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Avocado oil (can sub light olive oil)
FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 cups organic arugula rinsed and dried
- 1 cup wild tomatoes (like grape and cherry tomatoes)
- 1/3 small red onion sliced thinly
- 3 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls (can sub your favorite cheese)
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- citrus salad dressing /vinaigrette recipe included
Let's make the Citrus Herb Salad Dressing/Vinaigrette
Add all the salad dressing ingredients into a large enough measuring cup or salad bottle. Whisk with a fork or use an actual whisk. Whisk until emulsified (creamy looking). Set aside.
Note: This batch of dressing makes about 16 tablespoons. I serve each salad portion with 2 tablespoons. Leftovers store for up to a week.
Let's make the salad.
Add the arugula to a large salad mixing bowl.
Add in the wild tomatoes, sliced red onions, watermelon chunks and mozzarella balls. Sprinkle in the mint leaves.
Portion out the salad into four salad serving bowls. Spoon/drizzle 1 to 2 tablesoons citrus herd dressing over the salad. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Left over dressing stores for up to 1 week in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving if desired.
Tutorial Video Available: Watermelon Arugula Mozzarella Wild Tomatoes Salad with Citrus Herb Dressing
Nutritional Information will vary depending on actual portions of salad and vinaigrette served.