Love me tender short ribs seasoned with a homemade jerk spice recipe. The jerk spice has a faint hint of curry powder. This is a spice that you will use over and over again on all kinds of meat or fish.
I used boneless short ribs but bone-in is also a great substitution. The boneless meat has less fat. The beer can be substituted – use beef broth: the liquid helps to keep the meat moist. Slow bake until super fall apart tender. This is a recipe you will make over and over again. I served this with my easy and delicious homemade BBQ Sauce.
I hope you will make this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these side dish recipe and BBQ sauce:
Jerked Rubbed Short-Ribs
An easy, tender and super delecious short-ribs recipe.
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless short-ribs
- 1 cup beer (I use Lager)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to your dietary requirement)
- 2 tablespoons jerk dry rub (recipe follows)
JERK RUB RECIPE:
- 4 tablespoons allspice
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons cayanne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (I used Thai Basil)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Preheat oven 325 degrees.
FOR THE JERK RUB:
Combine all the dry rub ingredients in a bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine. Reserve 2 tablespoons for the ribs. Store the remaining rub in a tightly covered container. Use on any type of meat, chicken and fish.
FOR THE SHORT-RIBS:
Add the short-ribs to a baking pan.
Combine 2 tablespoons jerk rub with 1 teaspoon salt.
Generously season the ribs all over with the spice mix.
Pour in 1 cup of beer.
Note: Can use the whole bottle or can if desired. Can substitue Beef Broth.
Cover the pan tightly with foil wrap.
Bake up to 3 hours until meat is fork tender and falls apart.
Plate and serve with your favorite side dish and your choice of sauce.
Note: I served this with my homemade BBQ Sauce – recipe available on blog.